Recipe by tornadoes three
Delicious and decadent treats from a gourmet magazine. These are in a word sinful. To make curls, soften a chocolate bar briefly in the microwave and run a vegetable peeler along one long side. Bon Appetit 2007
- 7 ounces white chocolate, chopped, high-quality (such as Lindt)
- 2 ounces white chocolate curls (optional garnish)
- 27 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, finely grated
- 9 lime slices (for garnish) or 9 lime twists (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 8x8x2-inch square baking pan with foil, extending over all sides.
- Stir chopped white chocolate in small metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over water.
- Finely grind cookies in processor. Add 2 tablespoons melted white chocolate and blend until mixture clumps together.
- Firmly press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
- Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until peaks form.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lime juice, and lime peel in large bowl until smooth. Beat in remaining melted white chocolate. Fold in whipped cream in 2 additions; spread over prepared crust.
- Chill until filling is slightly firm, at least 2 hours. Using foil as aid, lift cheesecake out of pan.
- Cut into 9 bars. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired, and lime slices or twists.