1/4 Photos of White Chocolate and Lemon Truffles
3 hrs 15 mins
With so few ingredients, this is a lovely treat that doesn't involve going to the store and spending a fortune there. In between chilling times, you have to work quite quickly with these truffles- I wanted the filling to be soft and creamy so it does begin to melt around the edges if it's in your hands for too long. It is important to use white chocolate chips to dip the truffles in. The chips are designed to melt at a higher temperature so the truffle doesn't melt in your hands as you are eating it! Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate (not the chips). You can use a microwave instead of a double boiler, but be very careful not to melt the chocolate too quickly and caramelise it.
- 2Add the lemon curd and mix.
- 3Add the cream and mix.
- 4Put in the freezer to chill for 2-3 hours.
- 5Take the mixture out of the freezer and shape into truffle-sized balls. Dust powdered sugar over your hands to stop the truffles melting around the edges. Put the balls on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- 6Put back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- 7After about 30 mins, melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
- 8Let the melted chips sit for 20-30 mins to reach room temperature (this will give the truffles a thicker coating of chocolate). If you wait much longer, the chocolate will resolidify and need warming again- this is not a problem as the truffles can stay in the freezer for longer. If the chocolate has cooled too far, it will not coat the truffles evenly.
- 9Put the melted chocolate in a small bowl or shotglass and coat each truffle with a layer of white chocolate. Put back on the baking paper and put in the fridge for a few minutes to set.
- 10Serve slightly chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate and Lemon Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 15.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: