Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Published in a magazine - a readers recipe that won 1st prize. Looks amazing!
- 4 -6 dried figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate pieces
- icing sugar
- Place figs in a small bowl with liqueur. Allow to soak for 3 - 4 hours or alternatively microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Blend in syrup.
- Sift together flours and cinnamon. Fold into creamed mixture, alternating with milk.
- Lightly mix in figs, almond meal and chocolate.
- Pour mixture into greased 20cm bundt cake mould or ring tin.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 degrees C for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar when cool.