Recipe by English_Rose
These scrumptious little oat cookies studded with chunks of white chocolate and cranberries are simply irresistible. These are so yummy and are a tiny bit healthy too! They keep perfectly for 4 or 5 days, and they freeze too.
- 5 ounces butter
- 5 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 ounces ground almonds
- 2 ounces porridge oats
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces soft brown sugar
- 3 ounces demerara sugar
- 5 ounces white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter, and allow to cool.
- Sift the flour and the bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add the ground almonds, oats, dried fruit, soft brown sugar, sugar and the chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Mix the cooled melted butter with the egg yolk and pour into the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- With your hands, form into walnut-sized balls and arrange slightly apart from each other on 2 baking trays.
- Gently flatten the biscuits slightly and place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool a little on the trays before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.