Prep 40 mins
Cook 7 mins
These cookies are yummy and fun to make. I actually didn't put that much dark chocolate in mine, just white and added food coloring to make it pink. Outcome was great!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (1 ounce) squares white baking bar, melted and cooled
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- food coloring, if desired
- Combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium until creamy. Make sure to scrape bowl often.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low and add white chocolate. Beat until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Remove half of the dough. Add desired food coloring to half and mix well. (I hand mixed).
- Put aside. To remaining dough add dark chocolate and beat until well mixed.
- Shape each half of dough into 6 x 13 " rectangle. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hours.
- Roll out white dough to 15 x 7-inch rectangle on lightly floured wax paper. Place chocolate dough on top of white dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with 15-inch side. Cut jagged edges off to look even. (For easier handling, roll can be cut in half.) Wrap roll in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours).
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.