4 hrs 35 mins
An unbaked cheesecake which I usually shy away from. From "Great Tastes of Manitoba" which puts out a publication to coincide with a local TV station that features a dish and a suggested beverage. For this dessert, they suggest Henriques and Henriques 10 yr. old Old Bual Maderira (Portugal). I haven't tried this yet, but will very shortly as I have a dinner party coming up. I'm nuts about nuts, so will probably add about 3/4 cup chopped pecans to the crust. And I'll substitute some of the orange juice with a bit of orange liqueur for a bit of extra punch. WHY CAN'T WE EVER JUST STICK TO THE RECIPE??!! Prep time is a guess. I have put in 4 hours for passive time, as I think this will need to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2To make crust, melt butter, stir in crumbs and sugar. Press on bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- 3To make filling, place cranberries, 1/4 cup each of the sugar and orange juice in a saucepan. Cover, bring to a boil, stir frequently and crush cranberries. Reduce heat; simmer and stir frequently until a thick puree forms. Cool.
- 4Melt chocolate in a saucepan or double boiler; set aside.
- 5Sprinkle gelatin over remaining orange juice; let stand for 5 minute or until softened. Heat for 1 min or until gelatin dissolves; set aside. Beat cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Beat in remaining sugar, orange peel, vanilla, chocolate and gelatin; set aside.
- 6Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- 7Spoon half of the cream mixture onto crust. Spoon 1/2 of the cranberry puree onto cream cheese. Top with remaining cream cheese and puree.
- 8Using a knife, swirl cranberries through cheesecake.
- 9Refrigerate until set.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate and Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.3
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 290.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g