Recipe by Tierney's Mom
This extremely tasty recipe is the result of adapting and combining several other recipes. The result is a good blend of tart cherry and white chocolate. If you don't have cherries, dried cranberries are good as a substitute
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow...I can't believe no one else has tried these Tierney's Mom. These cookies are just excellant. Wish I could give you ten*'s. Thank you so much for sharing this very easy to make recipe. It makes large, beautiful, satisfying cookies, with great flavour. I didn't have enough white chocolate chips so I used half white and half milk chocolate chips...one word yummy. KUDOS BK
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Add eggs, beating well after each one.
- Add in extracts.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to wet mixture.
- Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto well-greased cookie sheets, 3" apart.
- Bake 10-14 minutes.