Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was in a cookbook I got from the library, I have yet to make it but want to put it here for safe keeping as it sounds (and looks) delicious!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a round 22-24 cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- To make the base, finely crush the shortbread biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. (This is best done in a food processor).
- Mix in the ground almonds, ginger and melted butter.
- Press into the prepared tin and put in the fridge.
- Using an electric beater beat the cream cheese, sugar and cornflour.
- Add in the eggs, cream and Bailey's and beat until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Stir in the white chocolate.
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour the cheesecake mixture into it.
- Place the prepared tin into large roasting dish that is filled with 1-2 cm of hot water.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes until the top is lightly golden and the filling is just set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before taking out of the tin.
- Cut into slices and serve.