1/1 Photo of White Chocolate Amaretto Cake
1 hr 40 mins
This is a fairly easy cake to make and nice treat, if you like amaretto!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly oil a 10 inch non-stick Bundt pan. (When I pour the mixture into my Bundt pan, it doesn't look very full--don't worry the cake will rise nicely as it bakes.).
- 3In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, 1/2 cup of cold water, 1/2 cup of oil, 1/2 cup amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- 4Blend well for approximately 3 minutes.
- 5Pour batter into prepared 10 inch Bundt pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. In my oven, the cake bakes in just under 40 minutes, so start checking it around that time.
- 8While cake is still warm, make the glaze.
- 9Combine butter, sugar, water, and amaretto in a saucepan.
- 10Bring to a boil, and continue cooking and stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved (1-2 minutes).
- 11Poke holes in cake with toothpick or skewer, so that the glaze can really get into the cake.
- 12Slowly drizzle glaze over cake, including edges and center of Bundt pan.
- 13Allow cake to cool in the pan for at least 2 hours, after glazing.
- 14Cool cake completely before putting on the frosting.
- 15Topping (Frosting and almonds):.
- 16Lightly toast slivered almonds in a dry pan (no oil or cooking spray) over the stove on medium-high. It will only take a few minutes to brown them.
- 17Stir frequently and be careful not to burn.
- 18Heat approximately 1/2 of the prepared frosting in the microwave for 15 seconds, to soften.
- 19Before frosting the cake, invert the cake onto a serving dish and use a spoon to drizzle the softened frosting over the cake. (Note: to avoid the cake sticking in the pan, or if you feel like you are having trouble getting the cake out of the pan~hold the pan over a hot burner (use your hot mitts) this melts the butter enough to loosen the cake from the pan).
- 20Scatter toasted almonds over cake before frosting cools.
- 21**Cook time doesn't include 2 hours cool time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Amaretto Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.6
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 430.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix