Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Almond Toffee coated in white chocolate (can also substitute white with milk chocolate)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Line a 15x10x1" jelly-roll pan with non-stick foil,or spray regular foil with non-stick spray. In medium saucepan; heat butter, sugar, corn syrup, and 2 tbsp water. Heat over medium heat to melt butter. Increase heat to med-high and insert candy thermometer.
- Cook mixture about 12 minutes until golden brown and temp reaches 300°F DO NOT STIR. Remove from heat and remove thermometer. Carefully stir in 1c. chopped almonds.
- Quickly pour toffee onto prepared pan and spread to edges. Let stand in pan on a wire rack for 30mins.
- Melt half of the chocolate in microwave on High for 45 seconds. Stir to smooth. Spread over top of cooled toffee. Refrigerate 20 minutes until firm.
- Once bar is firm, flip over onto a piece of wax paper; remove foil. Microwave remaining chocolate on High 45 seconds and stir to smooth. Spread over toffee bar; sprinkle with remaining 1/4c. almonds. Use wax paper to slide toffee bar back onto baking pan. Refrigerate 20 more minutes.
- Once chocolate is firm, break bar into 2.5" pieces. Store airtight at room temperature up to 1 month.