1/3 Photos of White Chocolate Almond Scones
Chef Doozer's Note:
A friend of mine served these at a playgroup coffee date several years ago. I finally got around to making them again today. They are so yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half (can use milk, but 1/2 and 1/2 is better)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- white chocolate chips (as many as desired)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 egg white (just the whites)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butter into flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 2Stir in one egg, almond extract, and half and half. (Can add more half and half if the dough isn't coming away from the bowl.)
- 3Add white chocolate chips and almonds. I find it easiest to mix the dough with my hands.
- 4Take the dough in your hands and form 8 large balls. Set the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. They don't have to be smooth -- the dough will be sticky to work with.
- 5Brush scones with egg white.
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Immediately remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Almond Scones
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 334.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g