Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash salt
- Heat butter and almonds in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until almonds are medium brown; remove from heat.
- Stir in whipping cream until well blended (mixture will spatter).
- Stir in white baking chips.
- Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until chips are melted.
- Stir in amaretto and salt.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Stir before serving.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
Fantastic! I used sliced almonds and almond extract. I could have eaten all of it by myself!! I served it over Recipe 310498 - Almond Butter Cake With Buttercrunch Glaze.