Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This is from the Australian magazine, New Idea. The sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead, and can be reheated in a saucepan prior to serving. I haven't tried this yet. They show it served over plum pudding, but I think it would be nice over any hot, fruity pudding, or icecream.
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy (or 2 tspn brandy essence)
- Combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until chocolate has melted. Remove bowlfrom pan.
- Stir in brandy or essence and serve.
This came together rather quickly, and it is a pretty diverse dessert sauce. We drizzled it over a simple pound cake, to dress it up a bit. And it was a big hit in my family. But I wouldn't stop there, as I can imagine all sorts of great uses for this wonderful sauce. Thanks Sara, for posting such a wonderful recipe. 5 stars all the way!