Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicate textured bar that will bring raves from your guests and family and pleasure to the tummies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips (Nestle's)
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped nuts, divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blend flour, powdered sugar and butter with pastry blender in medium bowl until crumbly.
- Press evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle morsels and 1 cup nuts over hot crust.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until frothy.
- Gradually add brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully spread meringue over morsels and nuts.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool cool completely.