Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Hershey's. If you haven't tried their new white chips & macadamia nuts, this is a good recipe to try them on. They're delicious and so is the coffeecake.
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Hershey white chips and macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Prepare CRUMB TOPPING; set aside.
- CAKE: Beat 6 tablespoons butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar until well blended.
- Stir together 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat into butter mixture.
- Gradually add milk, egg and vanilla, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Pour 1/2 batter into prepared pan; top with 1/2 CRUMB TOPPING. Gently spread remaining batter over topping. Sprinkle remaining topping over batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Prepare WHITE DRIZZLE; drizzle over cake.
- CRUMB TOPPING: Combine 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 6 tablespoons firm butter or margarine and 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips and Macadamia Pieces in medium bowl. Mix until crumbly.
- WHITE DRIZZLE: Beat together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 to 3 teaspoons milk, 1 teaspoon softened butter and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. If necessary, add additional milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time until of desired consistency.