- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 150 g prepared soy bean chicken (or other chicken substitute of your choice)
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- 2 fresh jalapenos, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (400 g) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add 'chicken' and saute until heated through.
- Stir in the broth, jalapenos, cumin, oregano, dried coriander, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, and simmer for 5 more minutes, using your mixing spoon to smoosh some of the beans (this will help to thicken to chili). Garnish with green onion and fresh coriander.