1/1 Photo of White Chili With Chicken
6 hrs 15 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Another great crock pot recipe for a cold winter's evening after a long day at work. Add more red pepper sauce for an extra kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 15 -16 ounces canned or dried great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup white corn
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Remove fat from chicken.
- 2Mix dried beans (if using canned beans, add them at the end of cook time) onion, garlic, broth, cumin, oregano, green chilies, salt and pepper sauce in a 4 to 6 quart crock pot or slow cooker.
- 3Add chicken.
- 4Cover and cook on high if using dried beans or low if using canned beans for 4 to 5 hours or until juice of the chicken is no longer pink when thickest pieces are cut.
- 5Remove chicken.
- 6Using 2 forks, remove cooked chicken from bones and shred.
- 7Return shredded chicken to the crock pot.
- 8If using canned beans, add them, corn, lime juice and cilantro to the crock pot.
- 9Cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes or until additions are hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chili With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 23.0 g