Recipe by shelbyrose
This recipe is from Quick Cooking Magazine. It's a nice change from the traditional tomato-based chilis and the flavor blend has just enough zip. You won't believe how quick this can be on the table. We like it garnished with chopped green onion and a little sour cream.
Top Review by jodsmi
This was a quick, but hearty meal. We ate it with a little cheese and cornbread. I would add more beans next time. I added diced green chiles instead of a jalapeno because that's what I had, but will use a jap next time. It was missing something and we can't put our finger on it, but I'll update when I figure it out. We will definitely play with the spices next time.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 -1 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, jalapeno and garlic until tender.
- Stir in broth, beans, parsley, lime juice and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chili.
- Add chicken.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.