I made this during the winter and it hit the spot! A very nice alternative to regular chili. Excellent! You can eliminate alot of time by just using canned beans instead of cooking them from scratch. Prep time includes soaking beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry navy beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (condensed, undiluted)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1Place navy beans in a soup kettle.
- 2Add water to cover by 2 inches.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Boil for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- 7Drain and discard liquid.
- 8Return beans to pan.
- 9Add water to cover by 2 inches.
- 10Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 11or until beans are tender.
- 12Drain and discard liquid.
- 13Set beans aside.
- 14In the same kettle, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- 15Add soups, one cup water, potato, chili powder, bouillon and salt.
- 16Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- 17Add garbanzo beans, half and half and navy beans.
- 18Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 19You could eliminate alot of time and just use canned navy beans.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chili(Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 805.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes