Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 lb large dried great northern beans, soaked overnight
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Put soaked beans in medium sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes. Discard water.
- Brown chicken in fat-free cooking spray, in skillet.
- Combine pre-cooked and drained beans, chicken, and all remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hour or on high 5-6 hours.