Recipe by Uncle Eddie
When trying to cut down on fat and sugars, my 3-bean chili had to take a break. This white chili is a pretty good replacement.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground turkey (99% lean)
- 8 ounces green chili peppers (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (drained)
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, combine turkey onion, garlic and sauté until turkey is browned (about 10 minutes).
- Add chopped green chili peppers, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and sauté until blended.
- Add 2 cans of great northern beans, chicken broth, and bouillon cubes to the pot.
- Place remaining can of beans in blender or food processor and puree them. Once completed, add to pot. Or, as an alternative, place all beans in pot and use potato masher until proper consistency is achieved.
- Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes.