Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I asked for this recipe after eating way to much of it at one sitting. A delicious chili on a cold day! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (I use heavy cream sub)
- In a large saucepan, saute ckicken, onion, & garlic powder in oil until slightly browned & no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chilies, & seasonings after dumping chicken in the crockpot.
- Cook for 8 hours on low heat.
- Add sour cream & whipping cream when finished cooking.
Super good and easy! I used all of the ingredients but cooked it differently to save time. I sauteed the onions and garlic. I put frozen chicken breasts(4-5) in crock pot first then onion/garlic mixture on top. Dumped everything else in. I even added the sour cream and whipping cream(used 1/2 and 1/2) on accident. Next time, I will wait to add the sour cream and whipping cream at the end. I will up the cayenne pepper next time for a little bit more zip. PAC Fall 2009