Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a great meal for those cold winter nights. We love it. Usually cook on a weekend and eat off of it all weekend long.
Top Review by MsSally
This is a bit different from the white chilli I usually make. But this is great. I made this exactly as stated except that I only used 3 cans of beans. DH, DBIL and I all liked it very much. Thanks for submitting and congratulations on your football will.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 cans chicken broth (or enough for consistency)
- 2 -4 cups cooked chicken, diced or cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- grated monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chopped yellow onion in olive oil or butter.
- Add the beans, cream of chicken soup, chopped green chilis, garlic, chicken broth and chicken.
- Add the cumin and oregano and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, simmer about 20 minutes.
- Served topped with gradded monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese.
- Serve in crusty bread bowls.