Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great meal for those cold winter nights. We love it. Usually cook on a weekend and eat off of it all weekend long.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 cans chicken broth (or enough for consistency)
- 2 -4 cups cooked chicken, diced or cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- grated monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- Saute chopped yellow onion in olive oil or butter.
- Add the beans, cream of chicken soup, chopped green chilis, garlic, chicken broth and chicken.
- Add the cumin and oregano and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, simmer about 20 minutes.
- Served topped with gradded monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese.
- Serve in crusty bread bowls.
This is a bit different from the white chilli I usually make. But this is great. I made this exactly as stated except that I only used 3 cans of beans. DH, DBIL and I all liked it very much. Thanks for submitting and congratulations on your football will.
I made this for DH and friends watching football today. He is a picky eater and doesn't like new things and loved it!! I used hot chilies and it could have been spicier for our taste... This one is a keeper.
What a delicious thick bowl of chili and so easy to make. Oh no! I just remembered I did not put the cream of chicken soup in. LOL Well since it is about half gone now I'll just put in 1 can. I'll report on that later. Yesterday, 11/19 I made this and forgot to add the soup. I corrected my error and added it. I must say, even though I it was tasty with the soup (4 stars), I really liked it best without (which gives it the 5 stars). So I'm letting my 5 stars stand. Made for *1 2 3 Hit Wonders* game