Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An "excellant" white bean/chicken chili. Cooking time, also includes baking the chicken, as well as simmering the soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) canswhite great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) cancannellini white kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 -5 dashes Tabasco sauce or 3 -5 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Preat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts, with some of the garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Arrange in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the 350 degree oven; remove from pan and set aside to cool for just abit.
- When cooled some-what, slice and cut into small pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, (or large soup kettle) add the cut-up chicken, chicken broth, northern beans, cannellini beans, diced green chiles, chopped onions, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and tabasco.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover pot, and simmer for 1 hour, and serve.
Very tasty! And so easy to throw together. I couldn't get cannellinis so had to use 3 cans of great northerns and I decided to drain them partially. As much as I am a chilehead, I thought 1 tsp cayenne was a lot so I only used 1/4 tsp but may add more hot sauce when serving. Served with shaved sharp cheddar cheese (white not yellow lol). Thanks for the recipe! :)