Recipe by sweetlilcook
I came up with this recipe a couple of years ago when I was pregnant. I know a recipe that is actually good while being pregnant??? Unheard of!! I had seen a lot of recipes for white chili but needed something thicker and heartier. I was eating for two. This chili is also still one (if you are like my husband) you can eat your macaroni noodles with it, or just a simple grilled cheese.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (12 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup original ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in water to make broth. When chicken is done, set chicken a side and reserve 2 cups of broth. In the same pot that you boiled the chicken, put broth, beans(with liquid), corn(drained), tomatoes(with liquid), cube chicken and add to mixture along with seasonings. Let come to a good hard boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Turn heat back and add the remainder of the ingredients. Let that simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve over a bed of macaroni or with a grilled cheese. You can also put this in a crock pot before you head off to work in the morning on low.