My SIL loved this so much she posted it in her FB notes. I finally got the chance to try it when I went to visit her earlier this month and it is so tasty! I came home and made it for my husband. It's really more of a soup than a chili, but the flavors all work so well together...you have to try it! Oh...and apparently it freezes well...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, such as cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- lime wedge
- 1In a large pot, sauté onion and celery. Stir occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
- 2Add chilies, garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add turkey (or chicken) and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- 4Add the white beans, hominy, broth and oregano.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Heat to temperature.
- 7Serve into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 ½ teaspoon cilantro and a lime wedge. (I haven't tried with yogurt, we had ours with lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 706.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 22.9 g