Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
this was in today's paper, looks delicious- i'll be making it with cooked turkey
Make and share this white chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups chicken
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can great northern bean
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn or 3⁄4 lb frozen white corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 6 ounces cheddar cheese
- heat oil in lge pot, add onion& garlic and stir until soft, about 5 minutes.
- add all other ingredients except cheese, simmer covered over low heat, until thickened, 20-30 minutes add cheese if desired, also serve with hot sauce.
This was a wonderful meal. I also did the Jack cheese and leftover turkey, and a nice wild rice/grains mix. I omitted the corn due to personal preference. The chili got rave reviews from everybody, and the best part was how fast and easy it was. The next time, just for variety, I'll make it with pork and italian sausage. Thanks very much for posting, Chia!
Very tasty! I had to sub a half can of jalapenos in place of the chilis and we also added some extra cumin, some chili powder and black pepper as well as an extra cup of broth. This was delicious with cheddar cheese on top served with cornbread and apple slices. Thanks for posting!
I add a couple more cans of broth and then a can of garbanzo beans, navy beans and white kidney beans. I also perk it up with a little more cumin. Ground sausage can be subbed too. This is really a super recipe.