Recipe by Barb Conley
This is a nice switch from "red" chili, and really tastes good on a cold day. It can be made with leftover turkey, so keep that in mind with Thanksgiving coming!
Top Review by Chef Gizelle
I loved this soup and so did my sis, brother, & brother in law. I used Hot Sliced Jalapenos with the chilies and it zested things up. Definately will make this again with out changing much. I didn't have any cumin and you couldn't even tell. Oh I also only had i can of Hommity corn and that worked out great.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or use pre-cooked, diced)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp. granules)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups water
- 1 can white beans (navy, or Great Northern)
- 1 can white shoepeg corn (can also use Mexi-corn)
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 cans chopped green chilies (we like it spicier, so add more)
- 1 cup sour cream
- monterey jack cheese or mixed Mexican blend cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger.
- Saute celery, onions and garlic in a little butter.
- Mix all ingredients together in stockpot and simmer for about an hour.
- Just before serving, add sour cream and heat until warm.
- Serve with grated cheese on top.
- I have done this in my large crockpot, adding the sour cream last& it works great.
- We like things a little spicier, so I use 3 or 4 cans of green chilies.
- I also serve the soup with salsa and chips for each to add on their own.