1/1 Photo of White Chili
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Barb Conley's Note:
This is a nice switch from "red" chili, and really tastes good on a cold day. It can be made with leftover turkey, so keep that in mind with Thanksgiving coming!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or use pre-cooked, diced)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp. granules)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups water
- 1 can white beans (navy, or Great Northern)
- 1 can white shoepeg corn (can also use Mexi-corn)
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 cans chopped green chilies (we like it spicier, so add more)
- 1 cup sour cream
- monterey jack cheese or mixed Mexican blend cheese, grated
- 1Brown hamburger.
- 2Saute celery, onions and garlic in a little butter.
- 3Mix all ingredients together in stockpot and simmer for about an hour.
- 4Just before serving, add sour cream and heat until warm.
- 5Serve with grated cheese on top.
- 6I have done this in my large crockpot, adding the sour cream last& it works great.
- 7We like things a little spicier, so I use 3 or 4 cans of green chilies.
- 8I also serve the soup with salsa and chips for each to add on their own.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.5
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 1258.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white shoepeg corn