Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves this Mexican Style soup! If you love Mexican, you'll love this tasty change from traditional chili! It is a great meal on a cold night!
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken-flavored broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- Precook your chicken in 2 cups water; simmer 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan; dump the water.
- In the same pan sauté onions and garlic in oil.
- Add 3 to 4 cups chicken broth.
- Shred your chicken; add the chicken, beans, chilies, and seasonings to the sautéed onions and broth.
- Stir well let simmer; to serve top with Monterey jack cheese and chopped green onions.
This was awesome! My hubby, the chili fanatic, said this is the best chili ever. I used some kind of dried white bean i had rather than cannellinis (i don't know what those are anyway) and made it in the crockpot, and it was fabulous. Seems healthy too!
This was OK. Nothing exciting really...I used fresh green chile's instead, about 3 to 4 medium sized ones, not too sure if that made it a bit spicy for me. Overall, the flavor isn't really worth the amount of time you put into it.
Excellent! Very close to my misplaced recipe and it turned out wonderful.Thanks!