Recipe by KimmieOH
My husband loves this Mexican Style soup! If you love Mexican, you'll love this tasty change from traditional chili! It is a great meal on a cold night!
Top Review by Peaches AlaMode
This was awesome! My hubby, the chili fanatic, said this is the best chili ever. I used some kind of dried white bean i had rather than cannellinis (i don't know what those are anyway) and made it in the crockpot, and it was fabulous. Seems healthy too!
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken-flavored broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- green onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Precook your chicken in 2 cups water; simmer 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan; dump the water.
- In the same pan sauté onions and garlic in oil.
- Add 3 to 4 cups chicken broth.
- Shred your chicken; add the chicken, beans, chilies, and seasonings to the sautéed onions and broth.
- Stir well let simmer; to serve top with Monterey jack cheese and chopped green onions.