Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
We made this last night and it was delicious. You might want to add some additional jalapenos or canned chili peppers for more heat.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, organic, boneless, skinless, and cubed, and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (add more for more kick)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lime, juice from
- salt and pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, organic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, organic
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Brown cubed chicken breast in olive oil in large dutch oven; once beginning to brown, add garlic, onion, and jalapeno. Cook until vegetables are tender; add oregano, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a slight boil, and let liquid reduce. Add tomatoes and chili peppers; lower to simmer and let cook for an hour (plus or minus). When chili is close to desired consistency, add beans; cook about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Top with cheese and cilantro and serve.