Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A light white bean chili with a hint of lime. From Betty Crocker's Bridal Edition Cookbook. Very yummy and light.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- Heat oil in 4 quart dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; simmer until hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avacado, sour cream -- .
Pretty good. I would add more cumin next time, but it was a decent way to use surplus cans of butter beans.