Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious take on regular chili, this one is made with white beans and chicken in a chicken broth base. Serve with tortilla chips and topped with shredded Monterrey Jack cheese. My friends ask for it as soon as the weather cools off. Perfect for a cold fall day.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- jalapeno sauce, to taste
- Poach 3-4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves in boiling water or broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for approximately 12 minutes or until done. Drain, cool and dice.
- Add all ingredients to a crock-pot and cook 4-8 hours.
- Top with shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and serve with tortilla chips instead of crackers.
I've been wanting to try a white chili recipe for a long time and am happy that this was the one! Doubled the recipe using only 2 1/2 c chicken broth total (it was plenty) and only one can of grren chilies. Used ground chicken instead of cubed. Eliminated the red and green peppers because it seemed like it would look like a Christmas recipe...and it is April. Other than that, followed the recipe to a "T". :) This is definitely a keeper! Thank you Ranelle. Made for Spring PAC '09.