Recipe by catchakingsheart
Made with pork sausage and chicken broth this dish is easy to make, You can also substitute the pork and chicken with vegatable sausage and broth.
- 16 ounces reduced-fat pork sausage or 16 ounces vegetable sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 32 ounces chicken or 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 -5 fresh garlic cloves, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sour cream
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium/high heat. drain and rinse beans.
- Add diced garlic to pan and allow to turn yellow. Add sausage and brown, (If you use low fat sausage you do not need to drain grease). Add tomatoes, beans, and broth. Add spices and bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat to simmer, cover and allow to cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add sour cream and shredded cheese for added flavor.