Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is pretty easy and very delicious, as well as being healthy. It came from Parenting magazine. I like to really taste the chili flavor, so I added quite a bit more chili powder.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 3 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- In a large, deep-sided skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add onion, garlic, and chicken. Cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken is white. Stir to break up any chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients, except spinach, and stir well. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until thick and bubbly. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute, or until wilted.
- Serve with garnishes: sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.