Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe was the winner at our town's Fall Fest.
Make and share this White Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 4 cups chopped chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof chopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 bouillon cubes, chicken
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano and pepper. Saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beans (do not drain), chicken stock and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put into crock pot and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
- Add cheese 30 to 45 minutes before serving and stir until it melts.
We enjoyed this thank you happynana. I don't own a crockpot, so cooked it from step 6 for half an hour then removed it from the heat and stirred the cheese through. I served it with a sprinkling of fresh coriander and a hot salsa. I added some corn to it along with the beans so please feel free to rearrange the phtos to show a truer representation of the recipe :-)
This is a wonderful white chili recipe! I do have to let you know though, that I did not read the recipe all the way through before I started it and so I had to alter the cooking slightly. My crock pot was already full, so I had to cook the chili on the stove. I simmered everything together about 2 hrs. and the flavors blended wonderfully. Even my DH who says chili is only made with beef enjoyed it. I will definitely be adding this to our keep file. Made as a recipenap for the 24th AUS/NZ swap.
I love white chili - so was excited to try yours for the Aussie/New Zealand swap! This made the whole house smell yummy. I didn't notice until after I had started making it that you use the crockpot for 4-6 hours. I think mine was in the crockpot for 3 or so. It still turned out wonderful!