Recipe by happynana
This recipe was the winner at our town's Fall Fest.
Top Review by JustJanS
We enjoyed this thank you happynana. I don't own a crockpot, so cooked it from step 6 for half an hour then removed it from the heat and stirred the cheese through. I served it with a sprinkling of fresh coriander and a hot salsa. I added some corn to it along with the beans so please feel free to rearrange the phtos to show a truer representation of the recipe :-)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 4 cups chopped chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof chopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 bouillon cubes, chicken
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano and pepper. Saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beans (do not drain), chicken stock and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put into crock pot and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
- Add cheese 30 to 45 minutes before serving and stir until it melts.