Recipe by Weeezer0421
This is my husbands best friend Tom's recipe, the best we've ever had. This is very rich and very filling. This recipe makes about 2 gallons I certainly hope you enjoy this as much as we have. This is for the crock pot.
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 lbs sour cream
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 10 -12 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 3 -4 tablespoons hot sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in chicken broth until done, save stock, strain and set aside. If using chicken with bones remove chicken from bones and cut into small cubes if using boneless, skinless breasts cut into cubes.
- Brown up Italian sausage until no longer pink cool slightly and slice thinly. Add to crock pot the chicken and sausage.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the crock pot, stirring well to combine. Using reserved chicken broth to keep to the consistency to your liking. Cook 4-6 hours on low setting or more. Serve over Corn bread and enjoy! :-).