Recipe by Sanchela
I used this recipe at my company's chili cook-off and it came first. I spent weeks after it writing down the recipe for everyone. It takes no time to prepare and its guaranteed to wow everyone.
- 44 ounces canned great northern beans (drain & rinse)
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces canned green chilies
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 3 -4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring chicken and broth to simmer and cook over low heat until the chicken is fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Once cooked take out of the pan and set on a plate to cool, then using your hands finely shred.
- Strain the broth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add in onion, and garlic and sweat until onion turns clear.
- Add green chillies, cumin, cayenne pepper and mix in well.
- Add in beans, shredded chicken, chicken broth, and bring to a slow boil.
- Add in cheese and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. It gets better with more simmer so I suggest you taste and stop cooking when its just right for you.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sour cream and jalepenos.