1 hr 5 mins
I first had this chili at a BBQ place in TN and it was called Tennessee chili. I liked it so well that I searched for one in my many recipe books, finding this one. The only ingredient that has been added is the chili powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced or 1 (3 lb) roasted chicken, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (11 ounce) cans cannellini or 2 (11 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1In a large pot cook diced chicken breasts in olive oil until done, remove from pan& set aside.
- 2Add onion& garlic, saute until tender.
- 3Stir in next 7 ingredients.
- 4Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add chicken& beans; cook until heated.
- 6Add lime juice and pepper.
- 7Serve into bowls and top with cheese (serve with salsa on top of cheese, if desired).
- 8TIP: Cook this a day ahead and refrigerate to let the seasonings blend.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 425.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g