Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
an interesting idea for chili
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- white pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans white hominy
- 2 (10 ounce) cans white beans, mashed
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked chicken or 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped bite-size
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 -4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- chopped green chili (optional)
- In a large pan, saute onion and garlic in oil til transparent.
- Add poultry, seasonings (except for parsley) and saute a few more minutes.
- Add broth and drained hominy and beans.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with grated cheese.