Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this yet but someone else made it for me. I can't wait to try it myself. The directions say to make it a day early and then reheat but I'm sure it would be okay if you don't.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white beans
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- Drain beans, rinse well.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper and saute 2 minute.
- Add beans, chicken and broth and bring to a boil.
- At this point it is really better if it sits for a day.
- Reheat, add cheese.
- Serve with sour cream.