Recipe by m0m
In the 80's, JULIO'S in Juarez served a delicious chili con queso much like this. The original recipe was adapted from an Old El Paso newsletter.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 5 jalapenos, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos (optional)
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add chilies, jalapenos,pepper and garlic powder and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water and pimentos, mix, and add evaporated milk and cheese.
- Reduce heat and stir as needed until cheese melts.
- Serve with tortilla chips.