1 hr 30 mins
angel mama of 4's Note:
My husband begged me to make Manicotti one day. I had never made it before and was kind of in the mood for alfredo. I looked up regular manicotti recipes but most had red sauces, and my husband gets horrible heart burn from tomato sauces. And I was really just craving something like the alfredo. There were several out there that looked good but didn't have all the goodness I was looking for, so I combined a few recipes and added a few things myself. At dinner time everyone including the kids and my picky MIL were raving about the great meal. This meal easily feeds our large family of 8 and usually there is some for leftovers or to freeze some back for an easy meal at a different time. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. P.S. I apologize for not having measurements for the spices. I just add a little and taste, add a little then taste, until it tastes good. Start out with a little as you can't take it back once its in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To begin I boiled water a lil lawreys seasoned salt and a couple bay leaves then added the chicken breasts.
- 2After they are cooked through set aside to cool.
- 3In a large bowl mix Ricotta, 1 pkg Cream Cheese, 1.5 cups Sour Cream, a handful of parm and a handful of mozzarella, italian seasonings to taste,Lawreys seasoned salt to taste, pepper, and 2 eggs.
- 4Use scissors to cut the spinach and chicken or shred. Add to the cheese sauce mixture. Mix all together.
- 5Put mixture in a 1 lb zip lock bag.
- 6Cook the manicotti as the directions on the box indicate. Mine say 7 minute.
- 7After the noodles have cooled enough to handle cut a small piece of the corner of the zip lock back. Put the cut corner in to one end of manicotti and squeeze the bag until manicotti isfull. repeat until all are full.
- 8In a separate pan make your alfredo. I make mine with sauted garlic cloves heavy whipping cream, a package of cream cheese, the last of the sour cream. bring to simmer until thick and add in some more parm and mozzarella. If there is any of the sauce mixture left after filling the manicotti add it to the alfredo.
- 9In a large cake pan add a bit of alfredo sauce then lay manicotti on top then pouring the remaining alfredo over the top then cover with shredded parm and mozz.
- 10Bake @ 350for 30 minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Manicotti With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.8
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 267.2 mg
- Sodium 840.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 42.2 g