Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty Enchiladas do not have to equal guilt. Quite a bit of calories have been trimmed off, but the taste is left in. You can be good and have your enchiladas too!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk, plus
- 1 cup nonfat milk (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chopped cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1 can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped and seeded (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, to sprinkle on top
- Warm tortillas up by wrapping them in foil and heating at 350° F for 3-5 minutes.
- Keep wrapped and set aside.
- Continue to preheat oven at 375° F.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, 1 TBl.
- of milk, and cumin until smooth, then add chicken to mix.
- Sautee green onions in olive oil until tender and add to chicken mixture.
- In another bowl combine soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne, and milk (1 cup).
- Mix well and and add 1/4 cup soup mixture to chicken mixture and stir.
- Spray a large baking pan with no stick cooking spray.
- Place@ 1/3 cup of chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in large baking pan.
- Top with remaining soup mixture.
- Cover with Aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375° F.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, remaining green onion, and tomato and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- *youcan substitue mild green chile for jalapenos.
- *SomtimesI add 1/3 cup corn to the chicken mixture.