Recipe by shappell
White Chicken Enchiladas
Top Review by Cortney C.
I follow the instructions except for my make my homemade Mexican chicken in the crockpot instead of using plain chicken. I use a few chicken breast, onions, packet of taco seasoning, and half a jar of salsa. Just cook the chicken for a few hours on low in the crockpot. I add black beans when done. Then I follow all of the instructions for the recipe. Gives it great flavor!
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
- *side note - the sauce doesn't freeze very well, so if you're making them ahead of time. Just make and freeze the Enchiladas. Make the sauce the day of.