Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
- *side note - the sauce doesn't freeze very well, so if you're making them ahead of time. Just make and freeze the Enchiladas. Make the sauce the day of.
If you want more flavor like a restraint add a bunch of ground cumin to the chicken and mix it well..huge difference! Yum
Love this recipe. It's quick and easy. I substitute hot green chilies. The mild green chilies do make it bland. The Hot Green Chilies Do NOT Make it spicy.
This recipe is very bland! The flavor is just not there. I thought it would have more of a chicken flavor because of the chicken broth, but that wasn't the case. We added hot sauce in the end, which helped, but it still wasn't as tasty as we wanted it to be. If I make this again (highly unlikely), I would add more green chilies and some hot sauce to the sauce before pouring it on top just so that it's mixed thorough.