Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came to me years ago from my younger brother. It's one of my favorite ways to use up leftover chicken, and as an added bonus, it freezes great!
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 cup milk
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, milk, and cumin.
- Place 3 Tablespoons in each tortilla, roll up and place in greased pan.
- Mix soup, sour cream, and 1 cup milk, pour over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove foil, sprinkle cheese on, and bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- To freeze, prepare through step 4, baking. Allow to cool completely, cover well, and freeze for up to three months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and bake, covered for 30 minutes.
Major disappointment, I tried to remove the filling to make a chicjken noodle casserole but that didn't work either
Simply awful, I spent quite a bit to make these for my guests and I was embarassed when I saw them end up sitting on their place. I sure didn't like them either. :(((((((
These weren't good. I ended up removing the topping and pouring green chile enchilada sauce over them to try and save the day. I had guests on their way over. The cream cheese didn't go in this recipe and the soup made them extremely salty. Won't make again.