Recipe by mrswaz
This recipe came to me years ago from my younger brother. It's one of my favorite ways to use up leftover chicken, and as an added bonus, it freezes great!
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 cup milk
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, milk, and cumin.
- Place 3 Tablespoons in each tortilla, roll up and place in greased pan.
- Mix soup, sour cream, and 1 cup milk, pour over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove foil, sprinkle cheese on, and bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- To freeze, prepare through step 4, baking. Allow to cool completely, cover well, and freeze for up to three months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and bake, covered for 30 minutes.