Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great Tex Mex dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, verde soup such as campbell's brand
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix, such as old el paso
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts or 3 cups cooked turkey breast
- 12 corn tortillas, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet saute your onion,garlic,green chilies in olive oil until softened. Add your seasonings. Cook 1 minute on low/medium.
- Stir in cream cheese, lemon juice, spices and soup.
- Stir in your shredded chicken or turkey, heat through, turn off heat; set aside.
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole. Layer in corn tortilla halves,spread chicken cream cheese mixture evenly,and sprinkle cheese over top. Repeat until layers are finished, or you run out of room.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
This recipe was very good, maybe a touch on the dry side, but nothing a good dollap of sour cream on top couldn't fix.
I have a very similar recipe that I just love:)the great thing about this is using tortilla pieces instead of rolled up tortillas so much easier!This made a great casserole-gotta love that cream cheese:)I picked FarahC for the Pick A Chef Contest 2005--Thank you!PeggyLynn
Made this last night just as posted--have a similar recipe that calls for rolling the mixture individually in the tortillas--this is much easier! Both my picky teenagers had second helpings and that's saying something! Thanks for posting!