Recipe by Gidget265
Made this up tonight using what I had on hand - my husband said it was really good. I didn't measure the spices - so use your judgment and begin with less...and gradually add to accommodate your preferences.
- 453.59 g fresh ground chicken
- 793.78 g great northern beans, rinsed and drained (2 cans)
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 1 onion, I used red onion as I had some already chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 small red peppers, diced
- 5-6 diced plum tomatoes
- 4.92-9.85 ml chili seasoning mix (and then some!)
- 2.46-4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml adobo seasoning
- 2.46 ml chipolte seasoning
- couple shakes Tabasco jalapeno sauce (5 - 6)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped small (large stalks removed)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Saute onions and chicken in oil in a stock pot (add salt and pepper to chicken).
- 2. After the chicken is cooked through, drain extra oil.
- 3. Add the carrots, peppers, celery to the pot and sweat for 10 - 20 minutes until the veggies are slightly softened. Stir occasionally.
- 4. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, green chilis, cilantro and spices.
- 5. Simmer for a while - maybe an hour while the juices and spices meld.
- 6. Garnish as you like - more cilantro / sour cream / cheese / corn chips etc.