1 hr 30 mins
Made this up tonight using what I had on hand - my husband said it was really good. I didn't measure the spices - so use your judgment and begin with less...and gradually add to accommodate your preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g fresh ground chicken
- 793.78 g great northern beans, rinsed and drained (2 cans)
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 1 onion, I used red onion as I had some already chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 small red peppers, diced
- 5-6 diced plum tomatoes
- 4.92-9.85 ml chili seasoning mix (and then some!)
- 2.46-4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml adobo seasoning
- 2.46 ml chipolte seasoning
- couple shakes Tabasco jalapeno sauce (5 - 6)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped small (large stalks removed)
- 11. Saute onions and chicken in oil in a stock pot (add salt and pepper to chicken).
- 22. After the chicken is cooked through, drain extra oil.
- 33. Add the carrots, peppers, celery to the pot and sweat for 10 - 20 minutes until the veggies are slightly softened. Stir occasionally.
- 44. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, green chilis, cilantro and spices.
- 55. Simmer for a while - maybe an hour while the juices and spices meld.
- 66. Garnish as you like - more cilantro / sour cream / cheese / corn chips etc.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Chili With Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix