Marlowe Earl's Note:
I adapted a White Chicken Chile I found here. I loved it so much I had it for breakfast. The Rotel Tomatoes is an inpiration from watching Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- 3Remove chicken and set aside.
- 4Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until tender.
- 5Place chicken, onion, and garlic in pot.
- 6Add chicken stock, beans, Rotelle tomatoes salt and pepper.
- 7Cook about 30 minutes on medium heat or until the chicken is the desired tenderness.
- 8Place servings into bowl (If using tortilla chips put them in bowl first).
- 9Sprinkle with cheese and add sour cream.
- 10CROCKPOT Directions: Place chicken, onion, and garlic in crockpot. Add chicken stock, beans, Rotelle tomatoes salt and pepper.
- 11Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Chili With Rotel Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 1412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 40.2 g