Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted a White Chicken Chile I found here. I loved it so much I had it for breakfast. The Rotel Tomatoes is an inpiration from watching Paula Deen.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until tender.
- Place chicken, onion, and garlic in pot.
- Add chicken stock, beans, Rotelle tomatoes salt and pepper.
- Cook about 30 minutes on medium heat or until the chicken is the desired tenderness.
- Place servings into bowl (If using tortilla chips put them in bowl first).
- Sprinkle with cheese and add sour cream.
- CROCKPOT Directions: Place chicken, onion, and garlic in crockpot. Add chicken stock, beans, Rotelle tomatoes salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
I have a recipe similar to this one, however it calls for 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp cumin, and 2 tsp chili powder. It does also call for more cheese, 3 cups of monterrey jack and a 12 oz container of sour cream- One thing to add is that you need to add the sour cream prior to serving or it may separate if it boils.
This recipe is outstanding.I can see why you ate it for breakfast.I love chili and you made a good one.Thank you!