Recipe by Marlowe Earl
I adapted a White Chicken Chile I found here. I loved it so much I had it for breakfast. The Rotel Tomatoes is an inpiration from watching Paula Deen.
Top Review by Madelaine1954
I have a recipe similar to this one, however it calls for 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp cumin, and 2 tsp chili powder. It does also call for more cheese, 3 cups of monterrey jack and a 12 oz container of sour cream- One thing to add is that you need to add the sour cream prior to serving or it may separate if it boils.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until tender.
- Place chicken, onion, and garlic in pot.
- Add chicken stock, beans, Rotelle tomatoes salt and pepper.
- Cook about 30 minutes on medium heat or until the chicken is the desired tenderness.
- Place servings into bowl (If using tortilla chips put them in bowl first).
- Sprinkle with cheese and add sour cream.
- CROCKPOT Directions: Place chicken, onion, and garlic in crockpot. Add chicken stock, beans, Rotelle tomatoes salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.