Recipe by Miss Kelley
Simple and delicious chili. Great idea for a quick week-night meal. (make it even easier by using left-overs or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and minced)
- 2 celery ribs (minced)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (7 ounce) canmild diced green chilies
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat (shredded)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large sauce pan, add onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeno chile. Cook, stiring often for about 3 to 4 minutes, until vegetables are translucent.
- Add cumin, corn, green chilies, milk and beans. Bring to a near boil, reduce heat and cover, simmer about 10 minutes, until flavor meld - stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with minced cilantro.